CamJam® XT™ Aluminum Rope Tightener
- In stock, ready to ship
- Inventory on the way
This rugged cast aluminum rope tightener combines a strong carabiner with a cam locking mechanism, allowing you to secure, tension, and connect serious loads using a rope. Clip the carabiner to a fixed anchor point, then slide your rope through the cam mechanism for a knot-free and worry-free connection, easily releasing your rope with a simple pull.
The CamJam XT Aluminum Cord/Rope Tightener features Nite Ize signature knot-free CamJam tightening and tensioning technology. Built from durable cast aluminum, this rugged combination of a carabiner and cam mechanism can tighten, tension, connect, and secure serious loads. The smaller cord tightener has a load limit of 280 lbs (100lbs with the included 10 ft. coyote paracord), while the large rope tightener holds up to 500 lbs (250 lbs with the included 10 ft. white rope).
CamJam XT integrates a carabiner clip and gate on one end, and a rotating cam mechanism on the other. This intuitive design allows the CamJam XT to be configured in either a Fixed End or Loop System to securely tie down equipment, gear, and other heavy loads. In both systems, the CamJam XT can be easily adjusted and re-adjusted time and time again to tackle a multitude of tie-down projects over the years. The XT holds paracord from 1/16" - 3/16" (2mm - 5mm) wide, while the XT Large holds rope from 1/8" - 3/8" (3mm - 9mm) wide.
To use the Fixed End System: Simply anchor the carabiner to any hook, D-ring, or loop, and feed the cord or rope through the cam until you've reached the desired level of tension. Next, pull the cord/rope firmly and the cam locks into place and stays that way until you release it.
To use the Loop System: Tie a knot to create a loop in one end of your cord or rope. Clip the CamJam XT into that loop, then pull the other end of cord through the cam mechanism. This loop system enables you to bundle or wrap heavy loads and easily secure them.
To release the cam: Simply rotate the cam lock lever and pull your cord or rope upward.
- Allows you to tighten, tension, connect and secure loads by simply pulling your rope or cord through the cam mechanism
- Easy to adjust and release tension by rotating the cam lock lever
- Available with 10 ft of high-quality paracord or white rope
- Two attachment methods for ultimate versatility - Loop System and Fixed End System
- Achieve and maintain high tension without knots
- Made of durable cast aluminum for heavy loads
- CamJam XT Cord Tightener:
- Load Limit: 280 lbs | 127 kg
- Break Strength: 837 lbs | 380 kg
- Fits rope sizes: 1/16" - 3/16" | 2mm - 5mm
- Dimensions: 1.3" x 2.5" x 0.75" | 33.6mm x 63.1mm x 19mm
- Weight: 1.34 oz | 38g
- CamJam XT Cord Tightener with Coyote Paracord:
- Working Load Limit: 100 lbs | 45 kg
- Break Strength: 300 lbs | 136 kg
- Dimensions: 1.32" x 120" x 0.75" | 33.6mm X 3048mm X 19mm
- Weight: 2.33 oz | 66 g
- CamJam XT Rope Tightener - Large:
- Load Limit: 500 lbs | 227kg
- Break Strength: 1500 lbs | 680kg
- Fits rope sizes: 1/8" - 3/8" | 3mm - 9mm
- Dimensions: 1.86" x 3.8" x .90" | 47.3mm x 98mm x 22.75mm
- Weight: 3.2 oz | 91g
- CamJam XT Rope Tightener - Large with 10 ft. Rope:
- Working Load Limit: 250 lbs | 114kg
- Dimensions: 3.86” x 1.85” x 0.89” | 98mm x 47mm x 22.6mm
- Weight: 5.22 oz | 148g